WELIGAMA, SRI LANKA
Surf Beginner's Course
INR 24,500 | 4 DAYS
4 days of surfing training with video analysis, gear, accommodation, meals & airport pickup from Colombo airport.
Learn how to surf in Asia's largest surf bay.
Day 1 - Reach Colombo, drive to Weligama & settle in. Party it out to celebrate your arrival in Sri Lanka, or simply relax by the beach & soak in the vibes.
Day 2 - Wake up & get ready for your first surf session. Get introduced to your surf board, learn the pop-up techniques & understand safety protocol. Catch broken waves with the help of your instructor. After surf, unwind & enjoy Weligama.
Day 3 - Learn how to paddle and practise catching broken waves on your own. Work on your balancing stance to ride longer waves. Regroup in the evening for video analysis.
Day 4 - Understand the area to surf, learn wave reading. Try catching green waves with the help of your instructor. Regroup in the evening for video analysis.
Day 5 - Learn about basic turns, board positioning and practise catching your own green wave. Be amazed by your surf videos in the evening analysis. Celebrate completing your course with your batchmates.
Day 6 - Pack bags and bid goodbye to Weligama. Explore more of Sri Lanka or head back to Colombo airport with some great memories, awesome surf videos and most importantly, a new hobby that you can build for life :)
Your surf session will be for 1.5 hours every morning, usually between 7 am-11 am. Exact timing will depend on local tide conditions and will be informed to you on the previous day.
Post surfing, get back to the surf camp, dip in the swimming pool and spend the day at leisure. Explore the local cafes of Weligama, scooty around to the neighbouring town of Midigama, or head to Mirissa for blue whale watching. Snorkelling & diving are other activities available around.
Video analysis & surf theory will take place on 2-3 evenings in the course.
THINGS TO KNOW
1. Accommodation included is in a dorm. It is possible to upgrade to a personal room at an additional cost. The surf house has an in-house swimming pool, bar & yoga sessions available.
2. Meals included are breakfast and dinner.
3. If you're a budget traveller, we can exclude the airport pickup and suggest local bus/ train options from Colombo to Weligama.
Cancellation/ Rescheduling Policy
If cancelled/ rescheduled 6 weeks before, then there will be a charge of 2500 pp
If cancelled/ rescheduled 4 weeks before, then there will be a charge of 5000 pp
If cancelled/ rescheduled within 3 weeks, then there will be a 100% charge.
1. AdventurePlay is a booking platform only and is not liable for any injury or death caused.
2. It is mandatory for players to abide by sport safety regulations of the school and destination.
3. The school reserves a right to charge for gear damage, if any.
By using AdventurePlay services, you agree to abide by our user policy.